In the least shocking news ever… I am still trying to lose weight! I know, it’s incredibly boring, can’t I do something different for a change???
For anyone that is interested, here is a little recap to get you up to speed:
How it all started…
- I have been obese my entire life
- I tried everything to lose weight, but I just couldn’t keep it off
- In May 2009 I weighed 130 kilos (286 lbs) and had lap band surgery
- I lost about 55 kilos (121 lbs)
- In November 2012 I had body lift surgery to get rid of the excess skin
- I weighed about 70 kilos (154 lbs)
- Life was great and I was (almost) happy
The all important before and after pictures:
Then what happened?
- My mum got sick with cancer in May 2013
- I coped with the stress by overeating
- My mum passed away in March 2014
- I gained 35 kilos (77 lbs)
And then what?
- In May 2014 I went on a manic grief induced diet
- I exercised 5 days per week
- I took the Duromine diet pill
- I had the fill removed from my lap band because the stress made it too tight
- I lost 20 kilos by December 2014
- My weight has bounced (mostly up) around 10 kilos (22 lbs) this year
- I am trying to lose the last 15 kilos (33 lbs) I gained
- I want to have an upper body lift (the second surgery I need)
- Dieting is still bloody hard
- I would like to love my body more
- Stay tuned!
- Spoiler alert: I’ll probably gain weight again…